CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

5 Years Old!!

I have a five year old. It's true. Sofia actually just informed me that she is almost 6 now. Why are they so anxious to grow up? I swear being a grown up is not that cool :). Here are some things to remember about Sofia right now:
*She is really tall. She is almost always way taller than most of her little friends and playmates.
*She is such a nurturing little gal. I know that she is going to be such a big help when the baby is born, and I have a feeling that I am going to need it! She is always mothering Gabe, which is sweet but I'm sure that it will annoy him someday :).
*This girl has the kindest heart. The other day Gabe last his one allotted piece of Halloween candy for the day because he wouldn't listen to me. Sofia immediately said, "It's okay Gabe, I'll pick something out that I can share with you." She is constantly doing things like this, and she is concerned about how others are feeling.
*Girlfriend has a wonderful zest for life. Yes she is loud and pretty much has no concept of using an indoor voice, but there is no denying that she is a happy girl.
*She is destined for great things. I don't know what her future holds, but I know there are great things to come for this girl.
We love this girl so much and our family wouldn't be complete without her.

My brother and his family stopped by for some birthday fun.


Most of the girl cousins. I love fall here, The leaves are so beautiful right now. Not so excited about having to rake them all up though :).


Sofia opening this beautiful blanket that Grandma Sharon knit for her. Isn't it amazing??


Sofia doing an art project with cousins. I made clear gelatin for the kids, and they played with it and shot colors in with medicine droppers. Fun, but a little messier than I thought :)

Sofia dressed up as Little Bo Peep for Halloween.

3 comments:

Amanda Nemelka said...

Happy birthday Sofia! 5. Wow. Wish we lived closer so we could help celebrate all these milestones with you! Love you guys. BTW.... how is the newest becerra cookin? Any updates?

Jaime said...

Super cute pic of my fam. Chris...well minus the scaryness of my crinkly nose/ all gums smile, yikes.
We had so much fun!

Michelle said...

Ha! I always tell my highschoolers that life gets so much better when you grow up. No more drama... sigh :)