CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

My sweet/strange husband

Chris is sweet. Something that I appreciate about him is that he never has complained about my cooking. He eats anything I make, and he is quick to compliment me when he really enjoys what I make. So, back to the fact that he eats everything I make. I have noticed a strange pattern in my husband over the last week as I have made a couple of dishes that didn't turn out very great. Chris doesn't complain that the food is gross, but he immediately goes to the fridge and pulls out the sour cream and salsa to add to the gross food, and apparently sour cream and salsa make everything better?
The strange part comes in with the fact that I haven't made Mexican food this week. Chris has added sour cream and salsa to gross pizza and to my attempt at pad thai. I just can't believe that adding sour cream and salsa could really make bad pad thai taste better. Your a funny one Chris, but hey I can't complain, because he doesn't :).

8 comments:

Robyn said...

Too funny! Sour cream and salsa can drown out just about anything I guess!

Scott's cue is that he goes and grabs the "Frank's Red Hot". Kinda cracks me up.

adrienne said...

Ha! That's funny. Denver also puts Frank's Red Hot on just about anything he wants to disguise!

Margaret said...

That is so funny. Maybe hes just done it to the point where he just likes the taste of salsa and sour cream on everything, but doesn't want to admit it. He's like an alcoholic but his drink of choice is salsa.

Margaret said...

question: my friend was asking about a parenting book. I know you recommended one on your blog, but couldn't remember what it was. What was it called?

Amanda Nemelka said...

What does Chris charge for tutoring lessons in 'not being a picky eater'? We could use some of that around here!

Elisa Street said...

You two are perfect for each other!!! In a not so perfect QUIRKY way!

Unknown said...

I think that is so so great!!! I think that we used Ketchup for the same thing growing up. I will make sure that we have sour cream and salsa in our fridge for when you all come over:)

Kara said...

Robyn and Adrienne,
That is my father in laws trick. Hmm... he is always asking for hot sauce whenever he is here.
Margaret,
Salsa is Chris' addiction like breast milk is Gabes. I bet that Gabe would eat everything I cooked if I added a dab of breast milk to it. The book I talked about is "Unconditional Parenting" by Alfie Kohn. It is an interesting book... but definitely not for the "old school" parents out there. I've heard that "Parenting with love and logic" is a great one, but I haven't read it yet.
Amanda,
Maybe if you marinate everything in Dr. Pepper you will have more success. Lettuce soaked in Dr. Pepper... doesn't that sound refreshing :).
Elisa,
Thanks... I think :).
Heather,
Chris probably won't need salsa and sour cream at your house, because you cook better than me :).