CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Belly Dancing

I promise that I will write my Christmas update soon with pictures, but I am having some technical difficulties with my camera right now.... but in the meanwhile, I thought that I would blog about my first night of belly dancing. Did you all know that there are different types of belly dancing? I am apparently going to be learning the tribal style as opposed to the cabaret style (which is more glittery and flirtatious). It is hard to take yourself seriously when you are trying to belly dance for the first time. It helped make the situation a little less awkward, because it was such an interesting mix of women taking the class. There was myself and my friend Marianne, two high school girls, 3 teachers, an OSU professor etc. Let's just say that I was working out muscles that I didn't even know existed. There were a couple of moves that the teacher was trying to get us to do with our stomachs that my brain just could not figure out how to do. I would think think think so hard to try to make my stomach do the funky things the teachers' was, but it just wasn't happening. I just looked like a bloated pig pushing my stomach out. Despite my lack of natural talent in this area, I had fun anyways. I get so in the routine of regular life.. so I thought it was time to push myself out of my comfort zone to try something I usually wouldn't.. and what better thing to do that for a mother of two young children than belly dancing. More to come soon my friends.

3 comments:

Julie said...

How fun! I used to take "dirty dancing" classes with my roommates and it was a blast! I don't know if I'd do it now though. I jiggle a lot more then I used to. Go shake it for me.

Robyn said...

Just re-found your blog and I'm pretty excited about it. Hooray for belly dancing! Shake your groove thing baby! And I might take you up on the 'come shop in my closet' offer :)

Amanda Nemelka said...

I'm so impressed that you are belly dancing. I wish I could go with you. I got on the scale yesterday morning for the first time in a long time and I am now truly frightened! You don't realize the weight you're gaining until it's already there. Now...it's back to diet and exercise. I need a buddy to help me out. Like the good ol' days of us going at 6am! And I can't believe you're selling your house. It looks adorable all done up. We need to fix up ours too. good luck selling it.