CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Beware of the Silence

So I am sure that every mom has had this experience. "Wow (thinking to myself), I can't believe that Sofia is playing so quietly in her room still." Reality: Sofia was taking every single book off of her shelf, every toy out of it's place, and every article of clothing she owns out of her drawers. No matter how many times this happens, we forget about it, and the next day we think the same thing. "I am so glad that Sofia is playing in the other room so I can chill out for a minute." Reality: Sofia is dumping lotion from my room and rubbing it all over her clothes. Somewhere in our hearts we just want to believe that they are playing angelically (which does happen occasionally), but if we really thought more logically, we would know that with a toddler: Unusually long Silence=Trouble. I am not very good at math, but that is pretty much a no fail equation.

5 comments:

anitawarnick.com said...

I miss Sofia!!!!

Cami said...

Love those quiet moments! Not so much the aftermath.

Shahnaz said...

I relish those few moments...even if they are total denial. Actually, once you round the corner of 2 1/2 and head into the land of almost-3, the silent playtimes usually aren't so much trouble.

juliette said...

You are hilarious.

Jeff or Amanda Nemelka said...

I'm scared for those days. I'm NOT ready to be rid of my sweet, semi-immobile son.